5.05.2009

Notes from the end of my 10 day alone journey

It is absolutely AMAZING how quickly I can junk up a place. Yesterday morning this apartment was spotless.  Now nearly every flat surface in the place has acquired some kind of adornment. I feel like some kind of superhuman cyclone.  

Oh for those of you who didn't know (which most of you don't),  Kenny has been in L.A. for nearly the past ten days casting, prepping, and finally shooting a COMMERCIAL. Neto frito right?  He's kind of a big deal. 
But this has been a long, long, long...... (twss) near fortnight for the wife.

Let's try and recap how worthless my existence becomes without my soul mate to keep me in check. 

The first couple of days ebbed and flowed along smoothly.  I was juiced with adrenaline by the prospect of what I could accomplish with limitless time to myself. I cleaned my room. Sorted and trashed a decade's worth of chincy, unused jewelry. Dusted the secret places that REALLY needed it. Ran that ridiculously loud contraption that sucks up all of the debris that cling to our shoes. I hate that thing and so does Ollie. I even managed to do 3 sessions of Yoga with zero encouragement.

But alas, the overdose of adrenaline subsided and began to evaporate from my veins, replaced by lethargy.  The diet Dr. Pepper ran dry...... sigh......and she broke.

The only thing that has resurrected me from my lonely doom has been my sweet little OHH.
Smiles and coos and cries and cuddles and lovey loves have towed the line so that Kenny might find us in one piece upon his return.

Milestones for this week.  One successful FULL night of sleep for both of us.  Oh please let it not have been some kind of pig flu fluke.  Flu fluke.  Put that on a t-shirt and split the profits with me okay?
Oh and a rice cereal experiment.  Not sure if he liked it.  He didn't cry.  He actually had a look that I have never seen before.  It is so funny to watch the little person experience food for the first time. We'll try again tomorrow.

Anywho, I am sure you are getting bored with the wanderings of my brain at 1:23 am. I am secretly just afraid to go to sleep incase Ollie is getting ready to wake up.  But sleep I must.

Conclusion.  No matter how much I think I can get done and how much I think I will enjoy having the whole bed to myself.  None of it matters.  Because the truth of it is I miss my soul mate.  I don't even think I have slept in my bed and the house looks worse than it did when he left. So there! I NEED YOU MY LOVE. See you tomorrow.



  

4 comments:

Sacajawea said...

So glad he is coming home!

The Jungle Explorer said...

Love the rice cereal. You'll have to post a picture of his face.

l.g. mcfifi said...

Men can be pretty good - when they want to be- I hope you guys have a good time together when he gets home, it is hard when someone is missing at home... Happy mothers day to you too!

Errolyn said...

I love the "wanderings of your brain!" You can express in words (even at 1 a.m.) things I would never be able to spit out on paper in such an true-to-life and entertaining manner. Thanks for sharing and keep it comin'!