5.17.2010

Talkin' about a revolution

I just got off the phone with the dental insurance people so I figured it was the perfect time to resurrect Hammonds in the City from it's dormant state.  I don't think my brain has been this active in 6 months.  Those insurance people sure have a way of getting my nostrils to flare.

But I am not going to write about that and I will tell you why.  When I am laying on my death bed you won't hear the phrase ,"I wish I would have spent more time kvetching about Metlife customer service", come out of my mouth.  So why bother do it here.

However, you may hear this one. "I wish I would have eaten more white bread!"

But I don't plan on having to say that either.
From this moment on I want the world to know that I am choosing white.

Because I think wheat bread is lady gagalicious.  Years ago the world seemed to glom onto
this "no carb" craze. And if you do eat carbs then white bread is the devil of them all.  It has to be made of bird seed and straw if it is to be considered good for you.  I jumped on this bandwagon because I thought I was doing myself a favor.  Since then I cannot think of a time when I have actually enjoyed eating a piece of toast or a grilled cheese sammie.

Well no more. It's time to take a stand and enjoy the finer things in life. Starting now.  Actually starting yesterday.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

You're making me question my wheat origins. Now I'm craving a grilled cheese on white toasted with butter. Mmmm...

Kody and Larisa said...

You know, I keep thinking I should switch my homemade rolls to half-white-half wheat, but after reading that, I think they're staying white. I mean, if you're going to enjoy yummy homemade rolls with melty butter, let's be honest, do you really need speckles of wheat in there to satisfy? I think not.

p.s. - Are you reading Gone with the Wind right now?? I'm kind of jealous, I've never even seen the movie. Worth the read? Update me, pronto!

Miss Morgan said...

WHITE BREAD!!!!

you are better than me because i've ALWAYS eaten white bread. even when the no carb craze started, i still had my white bread. i just lied and told others i ate wheat to spare me the lecture...

to the finer things in life!!! hip hip!

also, metlife is the crap when it comes to customer service. literally. we've been dealing with their poor service since last may when a guy with their insurance hit me.
i repeat, metlife is the crap.

and, done.

Mindy Gledhill said...

I don't mean to be self righteous or anything, but WHOLE WHEAT IS THE WAY TO GO, BABY!

l.g. mcfifi said...

I eat my pb and j on white every day, i love it!

Diana said...

white bread rules!!!

Amy said...

First off this made me laugh. I just never know what I am going to find on your blog.
Back to the subject at hand - We are true believers of the white bread here at the Taylor Household. Granny Bread all the way!! Although if grandma Allan makes whole wheat bread and it's right out of the oven and loaded with butter, I wouldn't turn my nose up.