Day 12
On the drive from Utah to Chicago my heart was
razed to the ground like a derelict old building.
I had left behind everything that was safe and
affable for a world without mountains.
It would be impossible to live buoyantly.
Nothing would be lovely anymore.
It wasn't
And then one day, it was.
I am grateful the change took place.
Grateful that I can see beauty in more angles than just mountains.
Grateful my heart came back.
And came back bigger.
Grateful for Hyde Park, Chicago.

3 comments:
I like.
Jess- I love ya, I am so happy you are Grateful for your new "home" we miss you, but it is good to hear you like it out there
i never know what to say to your posts because they are always so perfect in word, that i don't want to taint them with my own comment.
so.... again, i like.
Post a Comment