12.04.2011

suckage

So
I kind of dropped the thankful ball last month.
Thank you for not raking me over the coals TOO much.
This mother-of-two business ain't no joke.
It's a major time suck. Brain suck. Soul suck. Major suckage.
But I love it.  I love my little boys. They suck me dry. Figuratively and literally
(eew.. too much? I a have no verbal boundaries.)

One final thought before I move beyond the failure of my month of Thankfulls.
If there is one thing I would like to express gratitude for it is this.
The ability to change. In case you haven't noticed, change is hard.  
I am not talking about adapting to changes in your external environment.
I am talking about instilling change in yourself. Not easy. In fact, in my opinion, the hardest part of being human. When it can be achieved it is nothing short of miraculous.  I honestly don't think it really happens that often, because it is just so hard. 
If you or I or anyone is willing to take a giant leap and change the things that
need to be changed it is commendable.
And if you or I or anyone actually succeed?
Like I said, miraculous.

And now I have washed my hands of a botched 30 days of thankful.
Thanks for sticking with my through all of my suckage.

3 comments:

l.g. mcfifi said...

Love you Jess:)

Sacajawea said...

Loved this post. Thanks Jess.

Lisa said...

I think you pretty much nail life.

I will say the only time I have ever looked forward to blog posts and actually purposely looked them up was last year when you did this. I'm hoping you try again.