11.01.2008

The One at Grandma's


Okay, I know I am a little late on this but I wanted to blog about the baby shower my Grandma Jackie threw for me.
A little background, my Mom and Dad got divorced when I was very young and so growing up I really didn't "get" or "take" the opportunity to spend as much time with my paternal grandparents.  I guess it is just something you don't quite realize the importance of when you are young. But for the past few years we have really been able to become quite a bit closer which has been really great for me because it's like discovering another half of myself.  I have learned all of the wonderful similarities that my grandmother and I share that I never even knew about.
For instance, my two very favorite things in the world happen to be her two very favorite things in the world.  Hot Chocolate & Grilled Cheese Sammies. Coincidence, I think not.
So not having spent much time with that side of the family I really don't know my cousins well at all.  Sad to say I have to run through their names silently in my head before attending any family event because I just don't remember.  Embarrassing to admit, but I am willing to own up to it.
My Grandma has been trying to arrange an event for her granddaughters to attend together for years and that is how this shower came to pass. Not all of us were there, but it's a start.
It was wonderful.  A little awkward sure....why lie?  The beginnings of something better...I think yes.
In closing I would just like to say thank you again to Grandma Jackie, Aunt Sheila, Cheryl, and Desi for all of their hard work.  It was definitely something I will remember my whole life.
So without further adieu, here is the photographic evidence.

Grandma Jack, Me, Aunt Sheila

 Kodye and Shelby

Me and Kehlee

Ashley, Me, Bethany

Jennifer and Me

Not EVERYONE at the shower was unfamiliar with each other
this is my cousin Ginny and my sister Desi, both of whom I am very well acquainted :)

Grandma S., Cheryl, Grandma J., Me, Chante, Shannon, Kodye, Kayla and Zack, and Desi and Bryson
(this picture is missing my other sister Deja who couldn't be there)

I have to apologize for you having to look at ME in almost every single picture.  I am not a narcissist I swear.
P.S. - This shower was the same day as my other shower, hence the reason I am wearing the same clothes.  And it just so happens that I am wearing the same dang thing in the Jiffy Pop post too OKAY! No need to mock.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

If I only was a girl, do do da doodle do. Than I could have come too. I haven't seen Ginny in years. Of looks like she is doing well.

[Morgan] said...

you narcissist.
ha!
no way.
i love all of the pictures of you and your tiny belly. what the heck? aren't you due soon? you look great!
don't feel bad, i rotated the same, probably, 3 outfits when i was prego.

Meikel said...

Ok I am so excited that I just found your blog! And I am even more excited about your post on jiffy pop. You introduced me to the jiffy and every time I see the jiffy I think of you!

Diana said...

That sounds like a very nice experience. Your whole family is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! I love family get togethers... probably more so since I have been so far away. And yes it is REALLY hard to believe Brandon is old enough to get married... lol makes me feel OLD!