First and foremost, Mastitis.... heard of it? Of course you have. You have probably heard it mentioned a time or two in the how to's and what not's of breast feeding literature. Well that little fragment of a word that means so little to most of the population found a place to call home for a few days right here in the right side of my bosom...can I say bosom? Have you been completely turned off and are deleting me from your blog role? My apologies. But there you have it....or rather....I have it. Thankfully the pain has subsided for the most part and I am expected to make a full recovery but my my my or rather why why why? (see, I told you I was in a talkative mood).
We had Ollie's blessing last week. Pictures to come as soon as SHANNON e-mails them. Yes Shan, I am calling you out :) Just kidding, whenever you get around to it..... tap tap tap
It went really well though. Living so far away I didn't expect to really have much family here to participate. Luckily, keeping my expectations low turned it into a rather pleasant surprise. My in-laws, Shannon, and Jeff all managed to be present for the occasion. Not to mention Max and Julie and Fam who do live in our ward but could have easily called in sick. I am thankful for all of them.
Kenny continues to let his creative juices flow for the big swanky joint he works at.
I can be found at home day dreaming of warmer climates and creamy tomatillo salad dressing. Oh and also giggling about what I think Ollie will look like in his swimming trunks and hat during the water months.
We have his 2 month doctors visit today so I expect and sad little pin-cushion of a baby by the time we get done. I would buy him an ice cream if he could eat it. Maybe I will buy myself one and see if I can transfer it into some kind of a mommy milk shake. Wow...that may have been crossing the line.
I just had a funny thought. I wonder if anyone has started a blog called "That's What She Said". That's a pretty good play on words. I may need to go lock that one down just to have it at my disposal.
6 comments:
ok Jess you are one of the funniest people I know! I just laughed while reading this post. I am sorry though about your Mastitis. Alyssa had that happen a few times to her.
I wish we could've been there for Ollie's blessing.
Please Please have a blog that's what she said. You could post all your funny happenings or inside stuff that maybe you don't want to post on this blog.
i love your chattiness.
i'm aching for you and your bosom:( can i say that? um....
YES, ice cream and shots go hand in hand when your baby is older. it's wonderful.
for now, just have your bosom ready and that should do the calming trick too.... ha ha.
if there are two comments from me ignore the first. blogger booted me out on the first one.
I seriously love you but can we please keep the breast feeding lingo to a minimum....I seriously almost did delete you from my list. I have standards you know. Actually I am just freakishly uncomfortable with all things breat feeding. Yeah to you for doing it, but 100% not for me Ü. I did however get a good chuckle out of the whole thing. Can't wait to see the pictures.
I can count on you to make me smile...always
I feel for you. Mastitis really bites the big one. Dude. I like your new button. Really, you shouldn't have ;-)
Post a Comment