4.03.2009

It's going too fast



So I just put the little guy down in HIS CRIB in HIS ROOM for the first time. Heaven help me, I don't know if I can do this.  I don't know if I can handle letting his babyhood slip away from me.  But what can I do? Nothing, there is nothing.  

  Yesterday was his 4 month appointment.  When I took him in he was still not sure how to reach for toys and bring them to his mouth.  Wasn't sure he wanted to roll over......Until that nice sweet (evil evil evil) doctor suggested it to him.  I swear it's like she mentioned these few things that he will start doing and the second I get him home he is ready to get going.  He started reaching for things with both hands, bringing toys to his mouth, swerving his little hips to the rolling position.  With each success brings a little flutter of sadness. Don't get me wrong.  I am excited to take this journey with him.  But I am just starting to understand how precious and passing babyhood really is. It is so beautiful to witness and it just rolls right through. Like time. I guess if anything I need to be grateful for our tender little moments together and make sure to write them down. I swear nothing is more soothing than to think of our first precious moments together. Of course I am so proud and amazed that he can just learn and do.  I am sure he is just beaming with pride at his accomplishments and I honestly couldn't be more excited for him. It's like I am two people at once.  Pull yourself together Mom. Be happy that he is healthy and learning and lovely. Oh Ollie, I love you so much.  Don't grow up too fast.


6 comments:

Miss Morgan said...

i love this jess.
i've felt like motherhood has allowed me to re-experience life. make simple things so awesome again. it's like you said, you fell like two people.

i've wondered, if we stored them in cages at night would it keep them from growing. like animals that grow to the size of their cage or fish their fish tanks?..... hummmm. keep them small a little longer?...

Tracey said...

I know exactly how you feel, every new stage is so fun and exciting they learn so quick. But yet why can't they just stay little a bit longer! So sad yet so rewarding!

acandiedapple said...

Oh my. Be still my heart. Seriously, this is how I feel. You have such a way with words.

l.g. mcfifi said...

He is so cute,Shan said he talks to her on the phone!

Charmingly Confused said...

This melted my heart!!! Truly amazing!!

Charmingly Confused said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.