M'kay
We took a short (long, super long) day trip down to
INDIANA
to see if we could spot of few of our Amish friends
making fun Amish things
and just being cute and Amish
sorry, Amish people make me giddy
Now this was my first trip down to Amish country so I wasn't sure how exactly we would
happen upon them...
Luckily they had signs
It was almost too easy
Unfortunately "Amish Acres" turned out to be Amish Fakers
So we had to venture out on our own
What I am about to show you next I am not extremely proud of
I was involved in a drive by shooting
I really should be slapped for skulking around the Amish countryside snapping shots
as if I was the Paparazzi
It reminded me of the time I hid out in the bushes on a
beach in the Caribbean snapping dozens pics of Gloria Estefan
with a film camera (thank goodness for digital)
I am low, the lowest of the low
I just wanted to dazzle you people
That's right,
it was ALL for you
Dear Amish Friends, thank you for not flipping me the bird when you saw me, not so inconspicuously, letting my shutter fly. I did it for my blogger friends.
Because these days you have to be scandalous to be noticed in the blogosphere.
Thank you for the smiles and waves.
Hopefully, I will be back in the fall to pick out a nice rocking chair...
I will leave my camera home.
Till we meet again
Love Hammonds in the City
5 comments:
i'm laughing so hard i'm speechless. i love you.
looks fun- Canadian's have hooderites(sp) and when we went to Canada a few times growing up we visited- they are like the Amish. It is so interesting- except for I remember them giving us their home made root beer- and it was so yucky. But I loved seeing the little kids in their clothes.
sweet pictures, you are awesome!
We have an Amish rocking chair in the family....quite nice.
Your son is cute.....your husband.....not so much.
Gotta love the Amish!
Post a Comment