(sorry, Kira Knightly's underbite gives me a slight case of whiplash)
I have a small confession
I suffer from EBS.... that is what I am calling it anyway (not to be confused with IBS)
What is EBS you ask?
It is a malfunction in my brain that automatically equates to me to the likes of every classic
heroine I come across. Like Miss Eliza Bennett or Josephine March.
This is kind of a haughty confession. Normally, I wouldn't dare admit such cavalier personality traits
But I have sneaky suspicion that I am not the only one who suffers from this tunnel vision.
Truth be told, there is nothing wrong with Miss Jane Bennett. She is thoughtful and forgiving and beautiful to boot. Or how about Meg March. Practical, pretty, mature...?
So why then can't we be satisfied NOT being the outspoken, witty, tom boyish, black sheep.
Because they are BORING
Thats why
And we might be BORING
AND WHO ON EARTH WANTS TO WALK AROUND WAVING THE
I AM DULL AND NICE FLAG ALL DAY? OR THE HOMELY AND AWKWARD NEON SIGN? I doubt there is one person in the world that would openly proclaim. I AM MISS MARY BENNETT! When truth be told, that is the banner that I probably fall under.
(if you don't know Pride and Prejudice or Little Women, feel free to print this post and use it as toilet paper. Or do yourself a favor and get familiar. Then you can join the ranks of "The Army of Elizabeth Bennett's".
Yours Truly,
Miss Scarlet O'Hara, Josephine March, Eliza Bennett.

4 comments:
I don't give a hoot about your post, I just love the turkey! Mooooo!!!!
I too have issues with Kira Knightly's mouth. I hate the way she putts her lip out. I know she does it on purpose.
Anywho... the reason we love Elizabeth, Josephine, and Scarlet is because their lives will always be colorful, fun, and interesting.
And the others will eventually be the boring house wife we all fear to become.
You put the right Elizabeth. She's way better than Kira. And who doesn't love the Colin Firth version the best anyway?
I'm definitely a Jo March. Wish I could be an Elisabeth like you, but she's too nice and polite.
I too always relate to the heroine but I am nothing like Jo or Eliza in all reality I am probably Beth or Meg. sigh...
Post a Comment