9.15.2010

...

I knew at some point I would feel the need to write this. I am glad I waited till my thoughts were a little more cohesive and my heart healed a bit.


I will start with a disclaimer. I am getting personal. No sympathy needed. We have had plenty from the sweetest souls on this earth and are filled to the brim. But this is my story and I have shared enough of it with you that I would be remiss not to continue.

September 4th, 2010
Losing a baby at nearly 15 weeks of pregnancy WILL NOT be the culmination of hurt that I experience in this life.  But to date, nothing has been closer.
I have strayed into a territory of womanhood that legions have already discovered. None planning the visit.
Now I am here, not sure there will ever be an exit.  Because it is a part of me now.  I don't know where to move the pieces to include this awkward and uncomfortable one.  I don't think it will ever fit quite right.

I wrote this on the back of a crossword puzzle.  It is my story. No further explanation needed.


But what I am really here to recall are the Tender Mercies of the Lord.
Because they are hidden in every facet of life. It is often through people that they are given. They are indeed what separate human beings from the rest of living things. We have more power than we realize.