9.19.2010

Hyde Park 101

Although I didn't move here till I was 25 (I think)
I will always consider Chicago the place where I "grew up".
I am going to be doing a sporatic series of posts highlighting the
simple rules that one must abide by while living here. 
The good, the bad, and the ugly, in no particular order.


Rule #1
Don't let the children collect the cute baggies
they find at the park.


I don't want to give Hyde Park a bad wrap right out of the chute.
But these little guys are what gave me the idea to do my mini- course on urban living.
There will be some gooooooooooood stuff too. 
And it would be the opinion of some that there was some pretty good stuff right here in this cute little dime bag.
So everyone wins, really.

4 comments:

[Morgan] said...

GROSS.

can't wait for rule #2.

:)

Kody and Larisa said...

Oh, Hyde Park. Before I lived on your streets, I would not have known anything about these little baggies. And I probably still don't know much. But my little sheltered mind has been educated. Somewhat. Mostly about homemade breakfast from Valois, life-long parallel parking, and being thankful for normal grocery stores less than 15 minutes away. All you, Hyde Park. Miss ya... but mostly miss my chi-hammonds... tear

Lisa said...

Awesome. I hope to help you find pictures of the other treasures of Hyde Park.

l.g. mcfifi said...

I am excited to hear what you have learned! I love the beach photos too, how far do you have to go to the beach??