29
As we are coming to the close of this 30 day
exercise of Gratitude I would like to thank you all for bearing with me.
It's all her fault, ya see. Her and her wild ideas.
It has been mostly edifying and a few times angerfying.
I have a certainly been much more cognizant of my blessings.
Also, much more aware of my attitude towards life.
Somethings I am right on track with.
Somethings need a little tweaking.
Anyway, today, on the second-to-last day of my journey, I am grateful for my Young Women.
(missing a few, it's hard to get them all in one place at one time.)
I have been serving in the YW Presidency in the Hyde park Ward
for nearly a year and a half and it has been my most favorite of favorite callings.
Not sure who thought it was a good idea to put me in a leadership position over young, impressionable, minds. Mostly they just look at me like I am some kind of scurvy pirate.
But they humor me with hugs, and laughs, and gushings over the Beiber boy.
They let me boss them around a bit and do the sprinkler dance.
They teach me what is hip and I try and explain to them that there would not be a Lady Ga Ga
if there wasn't first a Madonna.
(like I said, not sure it was a good idea to put me here.)
And finally, we all try and teach each other to be the best people we can be.
I love my YW, I love the gals I serve with.
1 comment:
i too have become aware of what i have, and my attitude toward life.
i also realized on this journey that a lot of the things i found myself grateful for, were [and are] people.
i seem to remember you and a pre sweet sprinkler dance. or was that just in my dreams?
oh and you questioning your leadership position is the silliest thing i've heard today. you and leadership go hand in hand:]
Post a Comment