4.12.2011

Tea time.

 Every year the Art Director
throws me a "themed" birthday bash.

You probably didn't know that.
I don't make a habit of husband-blogging about his fine
qualities because I prefer to save them for my own personal enjoyment.
But I would be remiss not to share because he really went out on a limb 
for this one.

This years theme was.... Downton Abbey.
It has been a regular topic of discussion amongst household.
So why not make a party of it?

The Invite

The Host, Kenneth the Butler
We didn't have a bell to ring for him so I used a harmonica.

The Guests
As you can see we are dressed in our finest 19th century frocks.

The Guest of Honor and the Burning of Atlanta
Kenneth the Butler "accidentally" purchased dynamite
instead of candles.  He was trying to "off" the lady of the house.
Perfectly scandalous.

It was quite an evening.
I am sort of wondering why I didn't take more pictures.
'Cause I am stupid peasant, that's why.

 But there was much frivolity and diversion to be had.
Thanks Husband and Fair Ladies for being good sports and
celebrating with me.

3 comments:

acandiedapple said...

You have no idea how jealous I am right now! I want themed birthday parties. That's just awesome. I want to know what some of the other themes have been!

Elise said...

I got into Downton Abbey because of you...and I loved it! I forgot to tell you yesterday at the park that I watched the whole season. I'm slightly bummed that the next one isn't coming out for ages.

Oh, and Happy Birthday! What a creative husband!

Kate said...

AWESOME!!! So jealous! I nominate Kenny for husband of the year award.