7.08.2011


For some time I have been trying to 
find the correct words to describe
my experience of becoming a mother for the first time.
How it so permanently changes you.

Some words were too small.
Some were even too big. 
Some too pretty.
Some too plain.

Not so much words.
More of an idea.


Dear Mr. Face, Before I met you I was a big fat hairy caterpillar.
I moved at my own pace.  I saw the world from a lower place.
But one day I started to change.  I was wrapped in an uncomfortable frame.
9 months so curious of an uncertain claim. Then there you were and this is what I became.
With pretty new wings and a view from the sky, you changed me into a butterfly.
I love you Pal
Thank you for changing me

NOW BRING ON NUMBER TWO BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO CONTINUE TO WAX DISGUSTINGLY POETIC FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS!!!!!
IT'S HAPPENING, TUESDAY, 5:30 AM.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT?
BECAUSE BUTTERFLIES KNOW THINGS!

4 comments:

Diana said...

love you :)

hold out until Friday and then he can share a birthday with his Uncle Lou!

Elise said...

Yay! Almost there! Good luck. Thinking about labor makes me tired ;).

l.g. mcfifi said...

Been wondering about you. Yay Tuesday

Unknown said...

you are an artist. missing you badly.