6.22.2011

Nesting I suppose.


I am learning to Sew.
Throw pillows made from linen Napkins found at World Market.
A blankie for the new Boy.

This, my friends, was quite a feat. I did it all by my onesie self.
I did have a muse to inspire and reassure and give me 50% off coupons to Joanne's.
Thank you my little Seattle dweller.
If you were to look any closer you would see the many faux pas
that were committed by an amateur machine quilter.
But hey, it is ripe with personality and I think I even left a spot of blood on it!

And who is the gentleman that I stitched timelessly into the pattern?
I am not telling. I want you to guess.
It's not Buddy Holly. 
I will give you a hint. He is a singer.
I cut him out of a t-shirt. He is one of Kenny's most favorite.

So can this qualify as nesting? The house is a disaster and I have no intention of scrubbing my baseboards before the little gent arrives. But this drive to put the sewing machine peddle to the metal is sort of insatiable.
GROSS!

I feel like I need to go roll in the mud and light something on fire now.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I like.

I impressed.

Kody and Larisa said...

Wow marlene, my fav. lil b-ball hipsta mama all domesticated. Impressive. Can you please send those pics to Pioneer woman so she will fall madly in love with your creative style and quick wit and will invite you (and a fav. guest of course) to a weekend at the ranch...

Unknown said...

Seriously though. Nesting?! Dunno if I will ever understand it. If I could, I'd totally be making stuff right now. But I am still unpacking my sewing supplies.

The quilt is so excellent. And the pillows look just like I dreamt they would. I shall forever be your muse. Moose?

Mindy Gledhill said...

Wow, I sure hope my nesting instinct kicks in. I'm a failure on the home front.