12.29.2008

A million little pieces


I have some pics to post from the holiday, but first I am going to make you read my little rant.  I assume every new mother goes through this little gammut of emotion.  But I am driving myself crazy thinking their is something wrong with this kid.  If he spits up I think he has reflux.  He gets really gassy so now I think he has a milk alergy.  I can't tell if he has had enough to eat or not. Why do I feel so inadequate at this moment??????  Please feel free to comment!!!!


I think this is our first pic together since the hospital

Getting some tub time

Honestly....I mean really.....is it just me


I didn't think so....

As a side note...I am taking a poll. What is it about newborn babies that induces a sense of cannibalism?  Not in a bad way of course.  But every so often I feel the need to nibble on the child.  Do I need to seek some professional help or is this inclination shared by other mommies too?

6 comments:

Amy said...

No I still nibble on Riley when given the chance which now at the age of three is hardly ever. And as far as your feelings of inadequacy don't sweat the small stuff. Trust your instincts and remember this is a learning experience for you as well, and I am sure you are doing great. I love the picture of the two of you together. So sweet. I am so excited for you and your new adventure. Being a parent is the best job in the world, and I have no doubt that you will find your confidence. Give it time and it will come. Lots of love, and I can't wait to meet the little guy.
Amy

l.g. mcfifi said...

Cassidy just got home from her dentist apt and I nibbled on her stiff cheeks, everything you say is sooooo right.. you are doing just fine and you look so pretty, love you and I think of you everyday!

Meikel said...

I often want to nibble children, and they aren't even mine. Nothing wrong with you, nothing at all!

[Morgan] said...

every mother feels inadequate. if they don't they're lying. or out of touch...crazy.
the older they get the easier it is to relax. i have no doubt you are an awesome mom.
he's seriously too handsome.
yes, and who know motherhood and canabalism would be related?...

acandiedapple said...

Yep, it seems inadequacy is part of the package. I'm always worried that something is wrong with Calder and I'll totally miss it because I don't know what to look for. I also have this severe phobia of SIDS. I mean, I check to see if he is breathing while he naps. He may sleep in our bedroom until he is 16.

Katie said...

I was just talking about the cannibalism with a friend recently. I'm not sure what it is, I just try not to leave marks so that I don't get calls from DCFS! Luckily, my children are pretty tolerant of my bites...