2.05.2010

Advocate of Love

I am in the process of a reformation.
In the past I have decidedly abhorred the annual Hallmark celebration of Love.


But, I have since turned over a new thingy-ma-jig and decided that there isn't a thing
wrong with having a calendar day marked especially for the acclamation of amour.


The argument will certainly be made, "Shouldn't we celebrate our love everyday of the year?".
My answer: "Yes, definitely so. Is that what you plan to do?"


Heavens no.


None of us do, are, or ever will treat ever day as if it were solely designated to bestow our affections on our loved ones .  So what is the harm in a reminder?


I should note I did not come up with this epiphany on my own.  It came by way of conversation with a
woman with far better sense than myself. We shall call her "Darlene".


So, as my first act of Valentines Day advocacy, I hereby dedicate the decor of this site to the distinct complexion of love.

{if you know me, you know this is hard for me.  When was the last time you saw me in pink anything?}

2 comments:

Kody and Larisa said...

Oh Jess, I just love you. I especially love the red heart on the left side of the blog that is oozing with blood from being stabbed through by barbed-wire. Why is that just so fitting?

P.S. I want to see Avatar again. Just fly out here and go see it with me. And I kind of want to see the movie Valentine's Day. I bet I could convince you to go with me...

P.S.S. Love the pink, it's a very hip, 'jessica' pink, if there ever were such a thing. Way to break a few boundaries, as Tobias would say, 'you're blowing my mind right now.'

Diana said...

I love Valentines Day, especially the last couple of years. This year I've tried to make it a month long celebration.
Glad you're on board my friend!