4.03.2010

Give it away, give it away, give it away now..

I actually don't even really like the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Have you ever had a band that you just can't stand?
That is me and the R.H.C.P. Oh and those darn Goo Goo Dolls.

Anyway, nothing like starting out with a good rant.

So, it is giveaway time.  First, you may be wondering why I would be having a giveaway at all?  What gives me the right? Have I been granted a some kind of special permit?
The answer is simply this: I have really enjoyed this whole blogging thing.  I have discovered a new love for writing. I have started learning graphic design. It has been a nice medium to share stories that just might make someone laugh. I have kept an adequate record of our lives since we have been here in Chicago. All of this because of Hammonds In The City.  It has been a good thing.  I have had some nice compliments which have encouraged me to continue this little project.  I feel attached to it.
So, I guess the giveaway would equate to a big fat THANK YOU for being my audience on this endeavor.
Secondly, what on earth could I be giving away?  Well, since I live in the same town as Oprah I am going to follow her lead and give away "A Few of My Favorite Things".  Isn't that what she does at Christmas? Something like that, right? If not we can still pretend.

A few items will correlate directly with my little cyber space.
For instance: One crocheted beanie, your choice of color. Warning: I don't quite have the sizing right for kids noggins. I wouldn't want to not have it turn out.  So this will be an adult sized one.
Another: A customized graphic of your choice. (i.e. blogheader, holiday or special event card, baby announcement, etc....).
Maybe some Jiffy Pop.
A bottle of Vanilla.
You just never can tell what my brain will produce.

Here's the skinny.  To enter just answer me one question in the comment box. If you could do it all over, what career would you choose for yourself? Let's try and leave the sarcasm at the door for this one.
This question interests me because I happen to be the kind of person who discovers the thing they want WAY after the fact.  From picking out prom dresses to choosing a major, I perpetually discover what I like or want years down the road. Not with everything, just a lot of things.

I will choose a random winner a week from tomorrow. Until then I shall be out of commission, far away from my computer. I will return a year older and maybe a little wiser. One entry per person, yada yada.
So good luck..

10 comments:

acandiedapple said...

Yay! I too have the problem of figuring out what I want way too late. If I could do it all over I would go to pastry school.

[Morgan] said...

all sarcasm aside huh?
okay, i can be just as serious as i can sarcastic.
seriously.

i really know what you mean about figuring out what you want after the fact.
i can honestly say that i adore the career path i chose, early childcare and education fits me and has worked out well.
BUT. when my mom recently spent two weeks in a hospital, in the intensive care unit, i actually yearned to be a nurse. i honestly wondered why i hadn't chosen nursing school instead.
nursing isn't what most would call the perfect job. but, i think it would be an AWESOME one. i watched nurses take care of my mom when she couldn't do a single thing for herself, it was heartwarming and i imagined what a fulfilling and consistently rewarding job it would be to be an intensive care nurse.
something i'll seriously consider when my kids are no longer babies.
any.way. how was that for serious?

so, count me in. i think this giveaway is grand.
fingers crossed!

l.g. mcfifi said...

Psychologist

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't really need an entry since you already have graced me with some of your amazing handiwork, but I wanted to answer your question. If I could do it all over again, I would become a college basketball coach. Strange, right (or not)? LOL I mean it is still keeping wtih my basketball obsession, but I REALLY wish that I had figured out how much I love coaching way back when it was easy to finish all the schooling. Oh well :o) I am still pretty happy with how life has turned out so far!

Sacajawea said...

I'd be an everything artist, with the schooling and know-how's to back it up.

Kody and Larisa said...

Well, you know that I AM doing it all over again, so I'll say dentist, since it's my second-go-round path as we speak. But I'm the type of person who needs 10 go-rounds to get them all. Dentist... bakery owner in my next life... dermatologist in the next...dancer the following go...morning show host and guest cook after that... life is grand, ain't it?

P.S. - Kody's still jealous of my beanie, so if I win, you know what my give-away prize of choice is.

Jaime Stephens said...

I love it.. A giveaway..

I work as a researcher at a cancer center right now, if I could do it over or wanted to go back to school I would be a Radiation Therapist, the person who runs the radiation machine for Cancer Patients. Its a good job, one I never new was out there when I was looking...

Lisa said...

I would be an ultra-sound technician. It fascinates me to no end.

Or some sort of chef that gets to cook all day in a relaxed atmosphere. I don't want to be rushed.

Wish I would have figured all that out 12 years ago.

Errolyn said...

I like your question because I have felt some of that myself--that I haven't discovered exactly what I would do. I must say that I love being a mom. From time to time, though, I've wondered what I would do if I needed to go back to work or what I'll do when my kids are all in school. I studied Spanish/Business but that was before i had a husband and a family and when I thought I was going to graduate school.

Anyway, I would choose nursing or doing something with interior design and organization. My cousin helps her clients decorate and organize their homes and helps them stage their homes to sell. I think I'd be good at it and that I'd enjoy it. Also, I'd be my own boss and work as much or as little as I wanted and set my own hours.

Anyway, I know I'm not within your 1-week timeframe, but I couldn't resist your question and a little introspection. :)

P.S. Happy Belated BDAY!! 28 is GR8

Sarah said...

I would be a child life specialist.